Mentioned in ?
- "The Civil Rights Cases"
- Addams, Jane
- American Indian Movement
- Amnesty International
- Arms Control and Disarmament
- Brief for Respondent
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Brown, John
- Carmichael, Stokely
- Chessman, Caryl
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Color of Law
- Communist Party USA
References in classic literature ?
Years were passed without murmuring, in the sub ordinate grades of the service; and those soldiers who were stationed in the colonies felt, when they obtained the command of a company, that they were entitled to receive the greatest deference from the peaceful occupants of the soil.
All, however, were lost upon the peaceful spirits of his hearers; not a Nez Perce was to be roused to vengeance, or stimulated to glorious war.
One of those last I remember specially, now gone to his rest from that sea which his temperament must have made a scene of little more than a peaceful pursuit.
If such an incident did happen, Shirley, reflecting what a ruin of peaceful and humble hopes had been wrought by the cold policy of the statesman and the iron band of the warrior, might have drawn a deep moral from it.
When our vital interests are challenged, or the will and conscience of the international community is defied, we will act; with peaceful diplomacy whenever possible, with force when necessary.
Thus spake the peaceful one, and puffed himself and perspired with his words: so that the kine wondered anew.
Feeling safe within his thorny enclosure, Mugambi was wont to stretch himself in the shade of his shelter during the heat of the day, and sleep in peaceful security until the declining sun carried with it the enervating temperature of midday.
Nature is turning out Wilcoxes in this peaceful abode, so that they may inherit the earth.
Dorchester is a delightfully peaceful old place, nestling in stillness and silence and drowsiness.
All their faces were as serene as if all this were happening at home awaiting peaceful encampment, and not within sight of the enemy before an action in which at least half of them would be left on the field.
Being once safe, he left his horse at a livery stable in order not to arouse suspicion, and tranquilly continued his journey on the canal-boats, which conveyed him by easy stages to Dort, pursuing their way under skilful guidance by the shortest possible routes through the windings of the river, which held in its watery embrace so many enchanting little islands, edged with willows and rushes, and abounding in luxurious vegetation, whereon flocks of fat sheep browsed in peaceful sleepiness.
Bede lived a peaceful, busy life, and when he came to die his end was peaceful too, and his work ceased only with his death.
Legal browser ?
- payment into court
- payment of damages
- payments past due
- Paypal harms business of customer
- Peace Bond
- Peace Commissioner
- peace of mind
- peace offering
- peace officer
- Peace Officers
- peaceable possession
- peaceful of mind
- Peccata contra naturam sunt gravissima
- Peckham, Rufus Wheeler
- peculiar expression
Full browser ?
- Peace/Williston Fish and Wildlife Compensation Program
- Peaceable Kingdom
- Peaceable possession
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution
- Peacebuilding and Reconstruction Program Initiative
- Peacebuilding, Development and Security Program
- Peacebuilding, Healing and Reconciliation Programme
- Peaceful Alternatives to Tough Situations
- Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act of 2006
- Peaceful co-existence
- Peaceful coexistence
- Peaceful End of Life Theory
- Peaceful Nuclear Explosion
- Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty
- peaceful of mind
- Peaceful Pathways Montessori Academy
- Peaceful Use of Nuclear Energy
- Peaceful Use of Outer Space
- Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Technology
- Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue
- Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch
- Peacefully Resolving Our Unsettled Differences
- Peacekeeper Launch Support Center