References in classic literature ?
This thought ran long in my head, and I was exceeding fond of it for some time, the pleasantness of the place tempting me; but when I came to a nearer view of it, I considered that I was now by the seaside, where it was at least possible that something might happen to my advantage, and, by the same ill fate that brought me hither might bring some other unhappy wretches to the same place; and though it was scarce probable that any such thing should ever happen, yet to enclose myself among the hills and woods in the centre of the island was to anticipate my bondage, and to render such an affair not only improbable, but impossible; and that therefore I ought not by any means to remove.
The ways of thieving were not ways of pleasantness.
He sees difficulties nowhere: and his pleasantness and gaiety will be a constant support to you.
Later in the evening, however, Raffles overtook him in the street, and appearing either to have forgotten the roughness of his former reception or to intend avenging it by a forgiving familiarity, greeted him jovially and walked by his side, remarking at first on the pleasantness of the town and neighborhood.
The receiver of taxes had hitherto preferred to live elsewhere, but now I succeeded in persuading him to take up his abode in the town, holding out as inducements the pleasantness of the place and of the new society.
Trundle; the deaf old lady had fallen asleep in her chair; the snoring of the fat boy, penetrated in a low and monotonous sound from the distant kitchen; the buxom servants were lounging at the side door, enjoying the pleasantness of the hour, and the delights of a flirtation, on first principles, with certain unwieldy animals attached to the farm; and there sat the interesting pair, uncared for by all, caring for none, and dreaming only of themselves; there they sat, in short, like a pair of carefully- folded kid gloves--bound up in each other.
Elton were talked over, Emma could fairly surrender all her attention to the pleasantness of her neighbour.
After the telephone had been born in Boston, baptized in the Patent Office, and given a royal reception at the Philadelphia Centennial, it might be supposed that its life thenceforth would be one of peace and pleasantness.
Because the right side of the brain controls emotion, this could explain why smells might be perceived to have a different degree of pleasantness when sniffed through the right nostril, Mr Cahill said in New Scientist magazine.
Participants rated the pleasantness of food images and their desire to eat after watching the films.
The best surprise of all though was the courtesy, pleasantness and efficiency of all the staff members on board.
These scents were then evaluated by a different set of evaluators, who were asked to rate the intensity and pleasantness of each odor, identify which of two scents came from the older individual, and estimate the age of the individual who produced each sample.
Legal browser ?
- plea bargain
- plea bargaining
- Plea in Abatement
- Plea in Bar
- plea in being elsewhere
- plea in rebuttal
- plead a cause against a third party
- plead for
- plead guilty
- Plead guilty to possession, CO
- plead in favor of
- plead one’s cause
- plead with
- pleading in a civil action
- Pleas of the crown
- Pleas poll
- pleased with oneself
- plebis dux
- pledge for the payment of a debt
- pledge of security
- pledge one’s credit
- pledge one’s honor
- pledge one’s word
- pledge oneself
Full browser ?
- Pleasant Valley Log Cabins
- Pleasant Valley Montessori School
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Pleasant Valley Secondary School
- Pleasant Valley State Prison
- Pleasant Valley Swim Team
- Pleasant View Baptist Church
- Pleasant View Christian Academy
- Pleasant View Elementary School
- Pleasant View Luther Home
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Pleasant View School for the Arts
- pleasantly plastered
- Pleasanton City Employees Association
- Pleasanton Community Concert Band
- Pleasanton Cultural Arts Council
- Pleasanton Foothill Little League
- Pleasanton Girls Soccer Association
- Pleasanton Girls Softball League
- Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Junior Football League
- Pleasanton National Little League
- Pleasanton Partnership in Education Foundation
- Pleasanton Schools Educational Enrichment Foundation
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- Pleasanton-Tulancingo Sister City Association
- Pleasants County
- Pleasants County Board of Education
- Pleasants County Development Authority
- Pleasants County Industrial Park
- Pleasants County, West Virginia
- Pleasants County, WV
- Pleasantville (disambiguation)
- Pleasantville Volunteer Ambulance Corps