Mentioned in ?
- "A House Divided" Speech
- Academic Freedom
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Appendix to Appellants' Briefs
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Brief for Appellee
- Brief for Petitioner
- Brief for Respondent
- Brief for the Defendant in Error, Muller v. Oregon
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International
- By estimation
- Commerce, Electronic
References in classic literature ?
All perceived that more was meant than was uttered, and each one believed that the hidden meaning was precisely such as his own faculties enabled him to understand, or his own wishes led him to anticipate.
The street having been widened about forty years ago, the front gable was now precisely on a line with it.
By an accurate measurement, each limb proved to be precisely three inches and a quarter in length.
For instance, why may not any portion of a new confederacy a year or two hence arbitrarily secede again, precisely as portions of the present Union now claim to secede from it?
But if it be asked how it happens that the blood in the veins, flowing in this way continually into the heart, is not exhausted, and why the arteries do not become too full, since all the blood which passes through the heart flows into them, I need only mention in reply what has been written by a physician 1 of England, who has the honor of having broken the ice on this subject, and of having been the first to teach that there are many small passages at the extremities of the arteries, through which the blood received by them from the heart passes into the small branches of the veins, whence it again returns to the heart; so that its course amounts precisely to a perpetual circulation.
Moliere or Beaumarchais would reply to you, madame, that it was precisely because I was not, that I had cured my patients; for myself, I am content to say to you that I have studied chemistry and the natural sciences somewhat deeply, but still only as an amateur, you understand.
Still there are cancans at Paris; and cancans we overheard, and precisely in the manner I have related.
The mirror is doubtless defective, the outlines will sometimes be disturbed, the reflection faint or confused; but I feel as much bound to tell you as precisely as I can what that reflection is, as if I were in the witness-box, narrating my experience on oath.
On the road to Vincennes, to-morrow, at two o'clock precisely.
For my own part I freely confess that, in my bachelorship, I was precisely such an over-curious simpleton as I now advise the reader not to be.
He arose in a terrible passion, slouched his funnel down over his eyes, swore a vast oath, uttered a threat of some character which I did not precisely comprehend, and finally made me a low bow and departed, wishing me, in the language of the archbishop in Gil-Blas, "beaucoup de bonheur et un peu plus de bon sens.
By the united aid of medals, manuscripts, and inscriptions, I am enabled to say, positively, that the borough of Vondervotteimittiss has existed, from its origin, in precisely the same condition which it at present preserves.
Legal browser ?
- Precedents that pass sub silentio are of little or no authority
- preceding instance
- precepts on securities
- precise amount
- precise moment
- precisely bounded
- precisely formulated
- precision tool
- Precludi non
- preclusion by act
- preclusion by conduct
- preclusion of work
- Preclusion Order
- preconceived idea
- preconceived liking
- preconceived notion
Full browser ?
- Precise Orbit Ephemerides
- Precise Participant Location and Identification
- Precise Position Fixing Equipment
- Precise Positioning Service
- Precise Positioning Service Security Module
- Precise Positioning System
- Precise Punched-Slot
- Precise Radar Significant Location
- Precise Range and Range Rate Equipment
- Precise Range and Rate Equipment-Extended Version
- Precise Software Technologies Inc
- Precise Technologies Group, LLC
- Precise Technology Group, Inc
- precise time
- Precise Time & Frequency Standards
- Precise Time & Time Interval
- Precise Time and Frequency Equipment
- Precise Time and Time Interface
- Precise Time System
- Precise Time Transfer Unit
- Precise Timing and Astrometry
- Precise Timing Station
- precisely bounded
- precisely formulated
- Precisely separated by a function