Mentioned in ?
- "A House Divided" Speech
- Academic Freedom
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Appendix to Appellants' Briefs
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Brief for Appellee
- Brief for Petitioner
- Brief for Respondent
- Brief for the Defendant in Error, Muller v. Oregon
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International
- By estimation
- Commerce, Electronic
References in classic literature ?
A little more, a little less: precisely this is much here, it is the most here.
The reflections of Mrs Nickleby were of the proudest and most complacent kind; and under the influence of her very agreeable delusion she straightway sat down and indited a long letter to Kate, in which she expressed her entire approval of the admirable choice she had made, and extolled Sir Mulberry to the skies; asserting, for the more complete satisfaction of her daughter's feelings, that he was precisely the individual whom she (Mrs Nickleby) would have chosen for her son-in-law, if she had had the picking and choosing from all mankind.
Its effect was precisely what a more experienced observer would have foreseen.
For instance, why may not any portion of a new confederacy a year or two hence arbitrarily secede again, precisely as portions of the present Union now claim to secede from it?
I will venture to add that to me the convention mode seems preferable, in that it allows amendments to originate with the people themselves, instead of only permitting them to take or reject propositions originated by others not especially chosen for the purpose, and which might not be precisely such as they would wish to either accept or refuse.
They learned a great many notions about doctrine from him, so that almost every church-goer under fifty began to distinguish as well between the genuine gospel and what did not come precisely up to that standard, as if he had been born and bred a Dissenter; and for some time after his arrival there seemed to be quite a religious movement in that quiet rural district.
But, oddly enough, he has found the people up that back street of precisely the same stamp as the inhabitants of Shepperton--"a poor lot, sir, big and little, and them as comes for a go o' gin are no better than them as comes for a pint o' twopenny--a poor lot.
With these words he let fall a heavy bottle of Kirschenwasser which, dropping precisely upon the crown of my head, caused me to imagine that my brains were entirely knocked out.
It is a purely legal phrase, and applicable precisely in cases such as we have now under consideration, where the probability of the doer of a deed hinges upon the probability of the benefit accruing to this individual or to that from the deed's accomplishment.
After that visit to the house in construction he walked with his companion to see the other and always so much the better one, which in the eastward direction formed one of the corners, - the "jolly" one precisely, of the street now so generally dishonoured and disfigured in its westward reaches, and of the comparatively conservative Avenue.
It was not, indeed, precisely that which he had laid out for himself to tread.
Anomalous as it may seem, this is precisely the case with the whale, who systematically lives, by intervals, his full hour and more (when at the bottom) without drawing a single breath, or so much as in any way inhaling a particle of air; for, remember, he has no gills.
Legal browser ?
- Precedents that pass sub silentio are of little or no authority
- preceding instance
- precepts on securities
- precise amount
- precise moment
- precisely bounded
- precisely formulated
- precision tool
- Precludi non
- preclusion by act
- preclusion by conduct
- preclusion of work
- Preclusion Order
- preconceived idea
- preconceived liking
- preconceived notion
Full browser ?
- Precise Position Fixing Equipment
- Precise Positioning Service
- Precise Positioning Service Security Module
- Precise Positioning System
- Precise Punched-Slot
- Precise Radar Significant Location
- Precise Range and Range Rate Equipment
- Precise Range and Rate Equipment-Extended Version
- Precise Software Technologies Inc
- Precise Technologies Group, LLC
- Precise Technology Group, Inc
- precise time
- Precise Time & Frequency Standards
- Precise Time & Time Interval
- Precise Time and Frequency Equipment
- Precise Time and Time Interface
- Precise Time System
- Precise Time Transfer Unit
- Precise Timing and Astrometry
- Precise Timing Station
- precisely bounded
- precisely formulated
- Precisely separated by a function