References in periodicals archive ?
While twen(e) and twix are aphetic forms of correspondingly bitwen(e) and bitwix(t)(en), atwen and atwix are formed from the preposition a and twen(e) or twix (cf.
Adverb phrases which begin as prepositions but also have an object, such as those previously mentioned above, provide excellent opportunities for pupils to study the concept of misplaced modifiers.
Additionally, in example (3) do:Gen is used in a locational context as a proximity preposition, where instead of antonymy we find a synonymy relation with other proximity prepositions such as kraj, uz, pored, pokraj 'next to' (6).
Below are some verbatim examples for grammaticised preposition from the President's speech:
Extraction constructions involving the object of a preposition can be realized either through pied-piping or through preposition stranding.
Some may find all this to be nothing but Will Shortz-like word play, but the choice of preposition tells much about the state of bioethics, its self-image, and its aspirations.
Another interesting finding is the fact that the highest percentages of errors (not the raw scores) regarding preposition and article use are the ones found for the students in LM-1482, the last writing course in the program.
Example (7) contains the comitative preposition with the singular object suffix, and (8) the ablative preposition with the plural suffix:
In a number of compounded nouns and verbs, the preposition element has the acrobatic ability to vault from one side of the verb element to the other, providing two compounds with the same elements but different meanings.
This argument is labelled as argument-adjunct since its meaning is not derived from the logical structure of the predicate but instead is given by the preposition which introduces it.
In the issue of Fall 1997 appeared a delightful article by Robert Steiner concerning the preposition problem - not ending a sentence "with.
Even worse, they assault readers with the same preposition.
Legal browser ?
- prepare for publication
- prepare for the worst
- prepare something specious
- prepare the ground
- prepared announcement
- prepared for sale
- prepared speech
- prepared text
- Preponderance of Evidence
- preponderance of the evidence
- prepossess unfavorably
- Prerogative court
- Prerogative Writ
- presaging good fortune
Full browser ?
- prepontine cistern
- prepositional object
- prepositional objects
- prepositional phrase
- prepositional phrase
- Prepositioned Equipment and Supplies Viewer
- Prepositioned Equipment Program
- Prepositioned Equipment Storage
- Prepositioned Material Configured to Unit Sets
- Prepositioned Materiel Receipt Card
- Prepositioned Materiel Receipt Record
- Prepositioned Organizational Materiel Storage Site
- Prepositioned Organizational Materiel, Configured to Unit Sets
- Prepositioned Overseas Materiel, Configured to Unit Sets
- Prepositioned Procurement Package
- Prepositioned Storage
- Prepositioned War Materiel Reserve Stock
- Prepositioned War Reserve
- Prepositioned War Reserve Interrogation and Readiness Reporting
- Prepositioned War Reserve Materiel Requirement
- Prepositioned War Reserve Materiel Stock
- Prepositioned War Reserve Requirement
- Prepositioned War Reserve Requirement - Medical Facilities