References in periodicals archive ?
Salvation consists of prevenient grace and justification or "the forgiveness of all our sins and, what is necessarily implied therein, our acceptance with God.
8) The Blessed Lady is no helpless passive recipient of divine grace; on the contrary, she actively participates in her own prevenient redemption, just as St.
Fountain KR: "Meta Tasks for Organizing Prevenient Knowledge In Organic Chemistry.
The "mother of God" of Roman Catholic Marian dogma is quite simply the principle, type and essence of the human creature co-operating servantlike (ministerialiter) in its own redemption on the basis of prevenient grace, and to that extent the principle, type and essence of the Church.
These include how patterns of Wesleyan scriptural interpretation inform mission action, with emphasis on conversion and practical holiness; how the theological concept of prevenient grace motivates mission and provides an advantageous rationale for contextualization; the contours of a Methodist missional ecclesiology and the promotion of lay involvement in world mission; the search for a Wesleyan creative synthesis of evangelism and social transformation; an emphasis on the restoration of the image of God in small groups, which connect personal sanctification with the ultimate healing of a new creation; and Wesleyan resources for engaging cultural diversity and dialogue with the world's religions.
Moreover, faith is always an answering faith, a response to the call that ensues from the prevenient grace of God, the grace that comes (venire) before (pre) any human action and that, thereby, establishes the possibility for the event of the revelation of divine salvation as gift.
57-61), that grace is prevenient because the call is prior to the assent (pp.
Moreover, Wesley's doctrine of salvation is process-oriented in its explication of grace as being prevenient, justifying, and sanctifying and in its emphasis on growing into perfection in love.
78) Against "Pelagians," therefore, Hooker needed to eviscerate the will of any prevenient and concurrent causality, which either exalts nature above grace or enables the will somehow to "close" with grace in the absence of grace's "power.
The Council declared that all religions other than the orthodox Catholic faith as defined by the Council of Trent were "intrinsically wrong and harmful in themselves"; acknowledged that the Portuguese Crown had the "inescapable duty of spreading the faith and should use the secular power of the church to do so"; and assured that conversions "must not be made by force, nor threats of force", since no one came to Christ by faith "unless he is drawn by the Heavenly Father with voluntary love and prevenient grace".
Hunter, "the Augustinian, while recognizing that Othello could not have chosen well without prevenient grace, insists that the fall to reprobation is, in some way that is mysterious to human reason, the just result of wrong free choice.
As the tuning fork for the novel as a whole, the epigraph makes us aware of a prevenient forgiveness, a sympathy or pardon already present before the beginning of the story: the novel may indeed speak of those who "swerved / Or fell," or of "lapse, or error," but it also anticipates in this suspicion of guilt the possibility of "something more.
Legal browser ?
- pretty good
- pretty well
- prevail against
- prevail on
- prevail over
- prevail upon
- prevail with
- prevailing attitudes
- prevailing conditions
- prevailing form
- prevailing idea
- Prevailing Party
- prevailing standards
- prevailing style
- prevent crime
- prevent from being discovered
- prevent from being seen
- prevent offenses against the state
- prevent publication
- prevent temporarily
- prevention of accomplishment
- prevention of congressional action
- prevention of waste
- preventive custody
- Preventive Detention
- preventive measure
- preventive measures
- previous consideration
- previous deliberation
- previous design
Full browser ?
- prevascular phase
- Prevención de Riesgos Laborales
- Prevent a Litter Coalition
- Prevent Abuse and Neglect Through Dental Awareness
- Prevent Alcohol and Risk-Related Trauma in Youth
- Prevent Alcohol Risk-related Trauma in Youths
- Prevent and Neutralize Drug Abuse
- Prevent and Rehabilitate Drug Abusers
- Prevent Blindness America
- Prevent Blindness Foundation
- Prevent Blindness in Premature Babies
- Prevent Blindness North Carolina
- Prevent Blindness Ohio
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Prevent Child Abuse and Neglect
- Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
- Prevent Child Abuse Iowa
- Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
- Prevent Child Abuse Louisiana
- Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina
- Prevent Child Abuse of Metropolitan Washington
- Prevent Child Abuse Ohio
- Prevent Child Abuse Oklahoma
- Prevent Child Abuse Rhode Island