Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The author shows contemporary artists in Trinidad and Britain as subject to charges of provincialism and belatedness relative to a US centre.
Provincialism can just be a snooty way of saying cultural vibrancy, but it can also be an economic shackle.
Calling for the candidates to look beyond London, he said: "We need to see from Labour's UK leadership candidates a humility and a willingness to look beyond metropolitan provincialism and Fabian thinktankery.
What a loss this provincialism is, not just for those in danger abroad but for Americans who will never know the joys of community on a worldwide scale.
Well, long live the provincialism that has pervaded the back rooms of the workers' comp system.
I recognize the limitations of being based in California--but it's really your responsibility as journalists to break out of provincialism.
It took the Eastern European revolution of 1989 to catapult Hamburg out of its provincialism.
There is also time to put a comprehensive infrastructure bond package on the November ballot, if only the players in Sacramento can overcome the partisanship, provincialism and turf wars that blew apart the proposed June infrastructure vote.
That's just a recipe for more provincialism, in Chervel's view.
Stephane Gerson, however, takes the matter of provincialism to heart, mapping the extensive and varied efforts of nineteenth-century Frenchmen to cultivate sentiments of loyalty and affection to hometown and pays.
Eugene's small size and provincialism can exacerbate the problem, Soto said.
Like other leftists of his vintage, Roth is at once incurably indignant about pre WWII "isolationism" and dogmatically blind to his own isolationism--the cultural provincialism of a Manhattan intellectual who looks westward with a mixture of fear and contempt.
Legal browser ?
- provide the means
- provide the wherewithal
- provide with
- provide with a motive
- provide with an alibi
- provide with documents
- provide with information
- provide with nomenclature
- provide with proof
- Provided alcohol to underage
- provided with arms
- provided without charge
- providing evidence
- providing proof
- providing sanctuary
- proving the tenor
- provision for damages
- provision of the law
- provisional hypothesis
- provisional measure
- provisional order
- provisional remedy
- Provisional seizure
- provisional settlement
- provisions of a law
- Proviso est providere praesentia et futura
Full browser ?
- Provincial Veterinary Officer
- Provincial Water Protection Fund
- Provincial Water Quality Monitoring Network
- Provincial Water Quality Objectives
- Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit
- Provincial Women's Softball Association
- Provincial Youth Advisory Committee
- Provincial Youth Council
- Provincial Youth Event
- Provincial-Municipal Social Services Review
- Provincial/Territorial Committee on Building Standards
- Provincial/Territorial Policy Advisory Committee on Codes
- Provinciale Adviesraad Beeldende Kunst
- Provinciale Bibliotheek Centrale Utrecht
- Provinciale Commissie Buitenschoolse Opvang
- Provinciale Commissie Fysieke Leefomgeving
- Provinciale Handelsschool Hasselt
- Provinciale Industriële Hogeschool
- Provinciale Limburgse Electriciteits Maatschappij
- Provinciale Noordbrabantse Energie Maatschappij
- Provinciale Secundaire School Diepenbeek
- Provinciale Unie van Vrijwilligers
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Courant
- Provinciale Zeeuwse Electriciteitsmaatschappij
- Provincially Administered Tribal Area
- Provincially Significant Wetland