References in periodicals archive ?
Mamre Brook Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz 1996, South Eastern Australia - from respected producer Saltram Estates, a wine that is a cut above the usual Australian quaffer with the structure to age well for five to 10 years despite its modest price (pounds 6.
Arsenal, despite losing star quaffer Paul Merson to Alcoholics Anonymous, might easily bring a similar lament from Wenger.
Chenin Blanc (80%), Viognier (20%); stone fruit aromas, medium bodied with just the right touch of sweetness to make it a perfect quaffer for a hot summer day.
Rose is a staple lunchtime quaffer in the bars and cafes of the south of France and a lesser-known grape variety, Carignan, is often turned into some robust examples.
Going on the evidence gathered after a couple of visits to the swanky bar in the basement of Glasgow's Malmaison, the profile of the average Champagne quaffer is changing.
Prosecco, the lightly fizzed, fruity wine from the Veneto is an immensely popular afternoon quaffer.
This is a blend of Cinsault, Syrah and Grenache with a little of the local grape Rolle and has a delicious bright freshness with alluring hints of strawberry fruit and a hint of rounded sweetness that would make it an ideal summer quaffer.
One of the wines confirmed for the list is one of those bottles that seems to follow me from venue to venue: Speri "Monte Sant Urbano" Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2001, try saying that after a fewglasses of this fearsome beast and you're a braver quaffer than I.
Certainly, in my experience, the sub-tenner stuff from South Africa is more of an easy drinking, fruity option that lacks the complex minerality of the wines from Savennieres for instance - but it's a nice change for an easy quaffer.
99 at Tesco) offers vibrant strawberry fruit and a creaminess that makes it more than just a party quaffer.
Good beginner wine; smooth, ripe and jammy; affordable quaffer.
What I also smell here is our old new friend, the health and safety lobby, scared that some quaffer with a sly lawyer will somehow sue for mould on the palate.
Legal browser ?
- Quae ad unum finem loquuta sunt; non debent ad alium detorqueri
- Quae cohaerent personae a persona separari nequeunt
- Quae communi legi derogant stricte interpretantur
- Quae contra rationem juris introducta sunt
- Quae est eadem
- Quae in auria acta sunt rite agi praesummuntur
- Quae in partes dividi nequeunt solida
- Quae incontinenti vel certo fiunt inesse videntur
- Quae inter alios acta sunt nemini nocere debent
- Quae malasunt inchoata in principio vex bono peragantur exitu
- Quae non valeant singula
- Quae praeter consuetudinem et morem majorum fiunt
- Quae rerum natura prohibentur
- Quaecumque intra rationem legis inveniuntur
- Quaelibet concessio fortissime contra donatorem interpretanda est
- Quaelibet jurisdictio cancellos suos habet
- Quaeras de dubiis
- Quaerens non invenit plegium
- Qualibet paena corporalis
- qualified acceptance
- qualified endorsement
- Qualified fee
- Qualified indorsement
- qualified majority voting
- qualified person
- qualified practitioner
- qualified title
- qualifying factors
- qualifying reasons
- Qualitas quae inesse debet
- quality of being certain
Full browser ?
- quaff a brew
- Quagga zebra
- Quagga zebra
- Quagga zebra
- quaggy timber
- Quaggy Waterways Action Group
- Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations