Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
On the evening of the last day's march an order had been received that the commander in chief would inspect the regiment on the march.
The commander of the regiment was an elderly, choleric, stout, and thick-set general with grizzled eyebrows and whiskers, and wider from chest to back than across the shoulders.
The indunas run; they whisper to Menziwa the general and to the captains; then two regiments rush down the hill, two more run to the right, and yet another two to the left.
Ten regiments had looked upon the morning sun; three regiments saw the sun sink; the rest had gone where no suns shine.
That an' his pig's cheek in saying that other regiments would come along," said a Kerry man.
Scotch regiments can endure for half a day and abate no whit of their zeal at the end; English regiments sometimes sulk under punishment, while the Irish, like the French, are apt to run forward by ones and twos, which is just as bad as running back.
Stick to your Regiment, Bobby - stick to your Regiment.
When Bobby came up from Deolali and took his place among the Tail Twisters, it was gently but firmly borne in upon him that the Regiment was his father and his mother and his indissolubly wedded wife, and that there was no crime under the canopy of heaven blacker than that of bringing shame on the Regiment, which was the best-shooting, best-drilled, best set-up, bravest, most illustrious, and in all respects most desirable Regiment within the compass of the Seven Seas.
The sun spread disclosing rays, and, one by one, regiments burst into view like armed men just born of the earth.
Still gazing with fond remembrance at Good's trousers, Infadoos next informed us that he had commanded the regiments to muster so soon as the day broke, in order to explain to them fully the origin and circumstances of the rebellion which was decided on by the chiefs, and to introduce to them the rightful heir to the throne, Ignosi.
But she had heard of late that her son had refused a position offered him of great importance to his career, simply in order to remain in the regiment, where he could be constantly seeing Madame Karenina.
You will make acquaintance with the regiment there.
Legal browser ?
- regardless of
- Regents of the University of California v. Bakke
- Regiam majestatem
- regional policy
- Register for the probate of wills
- register of cases
- Register of Charges
- Register of Deeds
- Register of Inhibitions and Adjudications
- Register of Sasines
- Register of writs
- register one’s vote
- Register or registrar
- registered adoption society
- registered office
- registered person
- registration book
- registration of births
Full browser ?
- Regimental Tactical Operations Center Support Element
- Regimental Training Line
- Regimental Training Officer
- Regimental Warrant Officer
- Regimented Air Defense Artillery System
- Regimented Air Defense Artillery System for the 21st Century
- Regimented Inmate Discipline
- Regimento de Artilharia de Costa
- Regiments of the new order
- Regiments of the new type
- Régimes de Pension Agréés
- Regimes of Granular Flow
- Regin Gold Certified Integrator
- Regina Alpine Race Team
- Regina and District Labour Council
- Regina Anti-Poverty Ministry
- Regina Association of Middle Eastern Dance
- Regina Business Systems, Inc.
- Regina Community Basketball Association
- Regina Delta Blues Association
- Regina Dominican High School
- Regina Duplicate Bridge Club
- Regina East Zone Youth Soccer Association
- Regina Food for Learning
- Regina Guild of Folk Arts
- Regina High School