Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
It is very possible that he fancied himself there, indeed; for it was plain, from his abstraction, that he saw not the book-stall, nor the street, nor the boys, nor, in short, anything but the book itself: which he was reading straight through: turning over the leaf when he got to the bottom of a page, beginning at the top line of the next one, and going regularly on, with the greatest interest and eagerness.
Modern research has much diminished the number of supposed hermaphrodites, and of real hermaphrodites a large number pair; that is, two individuals regularly unite for reproduction, which is all that concerns us.
They were frequently away, but at home life ran fairly regularly.
I was away for nearly a fortnight, corresponding regularly with my wife and Marian, except during the last three days of my absence, when my movements were too uncertain to enable me to receive letters.
He contributed regularly to the Protestant churches,
That whale of Stubb's so dearly purchased, was duly brought to the Pequod's side, where all those cutting and hoisting operations previously detailed, were regularly gone through, even to the baling of the Heidelburgh Tun, or Case.
He encouraged him to regard Hindley as a reprobate; and, night after night, he regularly grumbled out a long string of tales against Heathcliff and Catherine: always minding to flatter Earnshaw's weakness by heaping the heaviest blame on the latter.
The Mongolia plied regularly between Brindisi and Bombay via the Suez Canal, and was one of the fastest steamers belonging to the company, always making more than ten knots an hour between Brindisi and Suez, and nine and a half between Suez and Bombay.
She stood with her slender arms hanging down, her scarcely defined bosom rising and falling regularly, and with bated breath and glittering, frightened eyes gazed straight before her, evidently prepared for the height of joy or misery.
She must be good to the poor and keep her house tidy and be good tempered and go to church regularly.
Never did Harley or Villa feed Jerry; yet it was to them he elected to belong, them he elected to love and serve rather than to the Japanese steward who regularly fed him.
Nevertheless, the works advanced regularly, as the steam-cranes actively removed the rubbish.
Legal browser ?
- Regressive Tax
- regret profoundly
- Regula pro lege
- Regular and irregular process
- regular arrangement
- Regular deposit
- regular employment
- regular performance
- regular procedure
- regular proceeding
- regular recurrence
- Regulariter non valet pactum dare mea non alienanda
- regularity of action
- regulated tenancy
- regulation by a system
- regulation by statute
- regulation of finances
- Regulatory Authority for Fertility and Tissue
- rehabilitation of offenders
- Rehnquist, William Hubbs
Full browser ?
- Regularized Beta function
- Regularized Discriminant Analysis
- Regularized gamma function
- Regularized incomplete Beta function
- Regularized Least Squares Regression
- Regularized Linear Discriminant Analysis
- Regularized Long Wave Equation
- Regularized System of Integro-Differential Equations
- Regularly Funded Organisation
- Regularly Scheduled Day Off
- Regularly Scheduled Unit Training Assembly
- Regulated Activities Order
- regulated agent
- Regulated Asbestos-Containing Material
- Regulated Asset Value
- Regulated Beverages
- Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
- Regulated Capitalism, Theories of
- Regulated Clinical Research Information Management
- Regulated commodities