repatriation

(redirected from repatriations)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.

repatriation

a person's return, voluntary or otherwise, to the country of which he is a national.
References in periodicals archive ?
Profit repatriation during the July-January period of FY 2017-18 registered a 26 percent rise year-on-year (YoY), reported an English daily.
The DFA said the repatriation of 610 Filipino workers being flown out of Kuwait today is also the biggest number to be flown home since it began its repatriation efforts nine days ago.
Multinational Dividend Repatriation Policy Influenced by Reporting Incentives?
Repatriations will now be held at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, after they were moved to RAF Lyneham in April 2007, when Brize Norton was closed for runway repairs.
Hundreds of people attended the ceremony which reflected the simple and dignified nature of the military repatriations which have passed through the town for the last four years.
The UNHCR implementing statute allows the facilitation of voluntary repatriation when refugees can return in safety and with dignity.
These self-repatriations generally take place without the assistance of the international community, without a repatriation treaty, without the formal entry authorization of their government or the government of their host country, and without any obvious alteration and settlement of their endemic socio-political antagonism:
According to the 1999 Global Relocation Trends Report, 12% of expatriate employees leave within a year of returning and 13% leave within the following year, or a total of 25% within two years after repatriation (Windham International, NFTC, & SHRM, 1999).
In trying to justify the repatriations he thus invoked the traditional Cuban fears of black criminality, disease, and immorality.
The desired end result would be successful repatriations and retention of repatriated employees.
Summary: A ceremony has marked the end of repatriations through Wootton Bassett.
Summary: A ceremony will mark the end of repatriations through Wootton Bassett later, when the Union flag on the high street is taken down.