References in periodicals archive ?
With the advanced technology and equipment and systematic management, these new enterprises transformed Shanghai into China's modern industry center.
Shanghai International Fashion Culture Festival is one of the most important annual festive activities organized by the Shanghai Municipal City Government.
From January 1999 through September 2004, Shanghai CDC collected 6,442 clinical isolates from a total of 6,960 persons with bacteriologically confirmed (by smear or culture) TB.
I had heard that China was growing fast but I was surprised by the First World characteristics of Shanghai and Beijing," said Ron Wallace, associate secretary of the Presbyterian Church in Canada's international ministries.
Readers will find the price of a woman in the female market (both in Shanghai and nationwide), the rates for whoring, the bargains available in massage parlors, the income of prostitutes, the taxes levied on brothels, the treatment of venereal diseases, and so on.
ABT soloist Yan Chen, who was born in Shanghai and came to the United States in 1989 (the year of the violently suppressed pro-democracy protests in Beijing's Tiananmen Square), saw first-hand China's cultural and economic transformation over the last decade.
Shanghai Tonqiang is a professional commercial equipment installation company, which provides custom-manufactured design of air-conditioning systems, general contracting services and finished design for residential and commercial construction projects.
John Portman's Sunjoy Tomorrow Square, Kenzo Tange's Bank of Shanghai and Kohn Pedersen Fox's Plaza 66 on Xanjing Lu, the city's foremost commercial thoroughfare, were prime examples of the kind of landmark skyscrapers usually found in Western cities, located in the city Shanghai hoped to upstage--Hong Kong.
The beggars in Republican Shanghai were viewed by the city's Chinese authorities not only as part of the youmin problem but the worst type of youmin because these people were not temporarily out of their home villages but had become permanent vagabonds in the city.
Since Shanghai is now opening to reform, the circumstances and atmosphere there are very rich, and this influences me," he says.
Legal browser ?
- shady reputation
- shake off
- shake one’s faith
- shake up
- Sham plea
- shame into
- shameful notoriety
- shape a course
- shape out a course
- Shapiro, Robert Leslie
- share an address
- share and share alike
- share bed and board
- share buyer
- share grief
- share in
- share of profits
- share out
- share premium
- share secrets
- share sorrow
- shared among several
- shared by two or more
- shared ownership
Full browser ?
- Shàng Hai
- Shang Yang
- Shang Yuan Festival
- Shangai Environmental Publicity and Education Center
- Shangana Tsonga
- Shange Ntozake
- Shangerei Bukeev
- Shanghai (verb)
- Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences
- Shanghai Administration of Culture, Radio, Film and Television
- Shanghai Administration of Industry and Commerce
- Shanghai Administration of Societies and Associations
- Shanghai Advanced Optoelectronic Material Corp.
- Shanghai Aerospace Automobile Electromechanical Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Agriculture Commission
- Shanghai Aircraft Manufacturing Factory
- Shanghai Airports-Council Office
- Shanghai Alliance Investment
- Shanghai American School
- Shanghai Architectural Visualization Committee
- Shanghai Asia Pacific Brewery Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Association for International Exchange of Personnel
- Shanghai Audit Bureau
- Shanghai Automobile Gear Works
- Shanghai Automotive Industries Group
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. Group
- Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation
- Shanghai Automotive Information Systems Co, Ltd
- Shanghai Baosteel Group Corporation
- Shanghai Bell Alcatel Mobile Communications
- Shanghai Boiler Works Ltd.
- Shanghai Breast Cancer Study
- Shanghai Broadcasting Symphony Orchestra
- Shanghai Building Materials Corporation