soliciting funds for child, legal issues

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Pennsylvania

Hi, my son has severe disabilities, and we are very low on income.There are some therapies and treatments that he would greatly benefit from that I can't afford and state insurance will not cover. I was thinking on doing some type of fundraising, like selling candy bars or something like that. How can I go about it legally? Who do I contact, and who would help me? Girl scouts? Church groups? I 'm not sure of anything.Do I open a special account for the funds?


You can solicit funds at any time; a local church g roup or other organization may indeed help. You could also check again with social services--you should be able to get government help at some point.
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.