References in periodicals archive ?
Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respirator tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data.
The patients having serum zinc levels below 70g/dL are considered as zinc deficient.12 This low serum zinc level may be due to hyperzincuria or impaired zinc absorption, as shown in the previous studies.7,13 Studies on humans show the beneficial effects of zinc supplementation in patients with diabetes by improving diabetes complication.14-16 Serum zinc have an impact on HbA1c levels, as our results demonstrate that after three months zinc supplementation HbA1c% is decreased (statistically non-significant) in intervention group as compared to control group.
Conclusion: Vitamin D supplementation decreases the severity of HF as reflected by reduction in serum pro-BNP levels and significant increase in six minutes' walk distance.
Five treatments were evaluated: control (without supplementation), supplementation with nitrogen at 1 g of crude protein (CP)/kg BW, supplementation with 2.5 g of starch (Amisol 3408, CornProducts Co., Santana do Parnaiba, SP, Brazil)/kg BW, supplementation with nitrogen (1 g CP/kg BW) and starch (2.5 g/kg BW), and supplementation with nitrogen (1 g CP/kg BW) and a mixture of corn starch and nitrogenous compounds (2.5 g/kg BW), thereby resulting in an energy part of the supplement with 150 g CP/kg of dry matter (DM).
"The reason we saw improvements in glucose metabolism following vitamin D supplementation in those at high risk of diabetes, or with newly diagnosed diabetes, while other studies failed to demonstrate an effect in people with long-standing type 2 diabetes is unclear.
Markers of insulin function and glucose metabolism were measured before and after six months of high-dose vitamin D supplementation (approximately 5-10 times the recommended dose).
This study supports the clinically relevant benefit of L-carnitine supplementation in lowering the circulating levels of CRP.
Daily or weekly vitamin D supplementation (in doses ranging from < 20 to [greater than or equal to] 50 [micro]g/d) reduced the risk for ARTI (adjusted odds ratio [AOR] = 0.88; 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.81-0.96; number needed to treat [NNT] = 33).
The eligibility criteria used were: articles that presented original data on serum concentration of retinol in infants or concentration of retinol in maternal breast milk of both mothers, both after supplementation. The study was restricted to these groups, since they are more vulnerable to vitamin A deficiency and because they are attended by the supplementation program of this micronutrient.
Selenium levels in the egg white, egg yolk and total egg were documented at several levels of supplementation. Egg production at each level of supplementation was also documented.
Effects of SRU and/or NSC supplementation on BWG in sheep and goats, g/day.
The data on the effect of vitamin D supplementation on AD severity "suggested potential benefit but were conflicting," concluded Christina M.
Legal browser ?
- supervisor of accounts
- supervisor of an estate
- supervisory official
- Supoenaed, mother and son do not want to testify
- supplement to a will
- Supplemental bill
- Supplemental Brief for Appellants
- Supplemental Brief for the Board of Education, Topeka, Kansas
- supplementary device
- Supplementary Proceedings
- supplied with arms
- supply accommodations for
- supply aid
- supply an equivalent
- supply base
- supply deficiencies
- supply funds
- supply money
- supply on hand
- supply or furnish with reference
- supply support
Full browser ?
- Supplementary Provisioning Technical Documentation
- Supplementary Purchase Specification
- Supplementary Qualifying Test
- Supplementary Quality Assurance Provisions
- supplementary register
- supplementary register
- supplementary register
- Supplementary Request for Information
- Supplementary Restraining System
- Supplementary Restraint System
- Supplementary Safety System
- Supplementary Seismic Survey Licence
- Supplementary Service Code
- Supplementary Service Data
- Supplementary Services
- Supplementary Social Enquiry Report
- Supplementary Statement of Objections
- Supplementary Technical Requirement
- Supplementary Tests of Achievemnt in Reading
- Supplementary Trunk Line Work Station - 5ESS
- Supplementary Trunk Line Workstation
- Supplementary Type Certificate
- Supplementary Unemployment Benefit Plan
- Supplementary Unemployment Benefits
- supplementary units
- Supplementary Ventilation System
- Supplementary Volume Descriptor
- Supplementary Voluntary Pension Insurance
- Supplementary Welfare Allowance
- Supplementary/Secondary Restraint System
- Supplemented Brain-Heart Infusion
- Supplemented Hormonal Epithelial Medium
- Supplemented Mueller Hinton Broth
- Supplemented Very-Low Protein Diet
- Supplemented with Skim Milk Powder