tax on college loan refunds

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I'm attending college for the first time this year. I received grants and loans. The college gave me refund checks each semester for money that was leftover from the grants and loans.Do I owe tax on this money as income?


We normally do not give tax advice on this site; you may check with the IRS directly; or your accountant; or the H & R Block web site for 20 dollars: HR Block Tax Advisor link --
These questions and answers are provided by ©2000 - 2007 by, Inc.