Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Given these facts, the world's oldest still-unsettled group of long-term refugees are Palestinians, living in a prolonged state of temporariness. It is the greatest global shame that humanity has ever witnessed, a situation by far the most protracted and largest of all refugees dilemmas in world history.
We expect them to be acknowledged, just as we expect that all of you, people of influence, resolve and knowledge will help our nation to overcome that feature of temporariness, the footprint of not being persistent in either financial reforms or in our presence on the world political scene.
Inthe interview Eva is asked about the temporariness of art, the fact thatmany of her fragile materials will likely decompose with age.
But for many, the fiction of temporariness no longer holds.
And we transform ourselves in this relationship, as the author suggests, when writing: "The value of the individual's word is added and enriched by the participatory understanding of the other's word that emphasizes all its precariousness, limitation, temporariness and fugacity; emphasizes its sense of lack, its possibility of absence; and its inseparability [...]", (PONZIO, 2010, p.45-46).
For a short while after the war Israel's formal name for these were "the held territories" also a name that has a strong sense of temporariness. The settlers sometime use the term "the liberated territories" but more often the geographical term "Judea and Samaria" thus harkening back to the biblical era.
That kind of temporary nature of their existence reminded me of the temporariness of all our existence.
For refugees and forced migrants, the multiple urges for safety, for meaningful lives and livelihoods, and for belonging are not well served by the "permanence of temporariness," as these protracted liminal states have been called.
Migrant urbanites were forced to reside singly in barracks-style hostels or as lodgers, subject to a 'policy of temporariness' (Gelderblom and Kok 1994: 90) and rendered 'surplus' and returned to the reserves as soon as their employment ended (Platzky and Walker 1985: 163).
Terrorism has chosen temporariness as its new home and even its temporary home is occupied by persons who have developed a habit of leaving or running to it and leaving more and more homes.
Besides contributing to the instability of affected migrants' legal status, the veil of temporariness that shrouds the current immigration program has paved the way for the erosion of rights of many international migrants in Canada.
As such, estar implies temporariness in opposition to ser.
Legal browser ?
- Tax Return
- Tax Sale
- taxable income
- taxable person
- Taxable Situs
- taxable supply
- taxable turnover
- taxed on property in will
- Taxing Costs
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Taxpayer's Suit
- Taylor, Zachary
- Teachta Dala
- Teapot Dome Scandal
- Technology and Construction Court
- Temperance Movement
- temporary custody hearing, lawyer needed?
- Temporary Emergency Court of Appeals
- temporary green card
- temporary injunction
- temporary insanity
- Temporary Restraining Order
- tenancy at sufferance
- tenancy at will
- Tenancy by the Entirety
- Tenancy in Common
- Tenancy in Coparcenary
- Tenancy or tenantcy
- Tenant breaks lease, deposit
- Tenant by the manner
- tenant for life
- Tenant now in jail
- Tenant of the demesne
- Tenant paravail
- Tenant right
- Tenants in
- Tenants left damage in apt., landlord won't pay security deposit
Full browser ?
- Temporarily Absent
- Temporarily Disqualified
- Temporarily Divorced for a Year
- Temporarily Doing Business As
- temporarily filled military post
- Temporarily Flooded Forest Alliance
- Temporarily Medically Unfit
- Temporarily Not Available
- Temporarily Obligated Peasants
- Temporarily Obsolete Abandoned Derelict Site
- Temporarily on Academic Duty
- Temporarily Out of Print
- Temporarily Out of Service
- Temporarily Out of Stock
- Temporarily Restricted Funds
- Temporarily Restricted Net Asset
- Temporarily Restricted Net Assets
- Temporarily Shared Social Reality
- Temporarily Unaccounted for
- Temporary & Geographical
- Temporary Account
- Temporary Accounts
- Temporary Accumulation Area
- Temporary Active Duty
- Temporary ad hoc rainbow coalition
- Temporary Additional Duty
- Temporary Additional Duty in Connection With
- Temporary Additional Duty Management Information System
- Temporary Additional Duty Travel Target
- Temporary Additional Duty Under Instruction
- Temporary Additional Responsibility Allowance
- Temporary Adequate Episcopal Oversight
- Temporary Adjustable Defibrillation Electrode
- Temporary Administrative Assignment
- Temporary Admission Regime
- Temporary Agency Work
- Temporary Agency Worker Directive
- Temporary Agent Servicing Program
- Temporary Agnosticism in Practice
- Temporary Air Service Permit
- Temporary Airfield Construction Waiver
- Temporary Alteration
- Temporary Alteration Control Form
- Temporary Alternative Work