termination after worker injury

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Maryland

my question is I work for the government do they have the right to terminate me on workman's comp injury if they cant find me another position can they legally terminate me


In many cases they cannot, unless the compensate you. It is certainly possible you would have a case based on what you say here; you could take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to an injury attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.