Mentioned in ?
- accession agreements
- acquis communautaire
- Acts of Union
- alliance of workers
- American Federation of Labor—Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Anti-Ballistic-Missile Treaty of 1972
- Arms Control and Disarmament
- Back to Work Agreement
- Bargaining Agent
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Certification Proceeding
- Chávez, César Estrada
- Closed Shop
- collective bargaining
References in classic literature ?
"What is to become of the other unions? There are far more unions outside of this combination than in it."
"The other unions will be ground out of existence--all of them.
There were one or two of these incidents each day, the newspapers detailing them, and always blaming them upon the unions. Yet ten years before, when there were no unions in Packingtown, there was a strike, and national troops had to be called, and there were pitched battles fought at night, by the light of blazing freight trains.
Such were the stockyards during the strike; while the unions watched in sullen despair, and the country clamored like a greedy child for its food, and the packers went grimly on their way.
"All good from Jack another takes, And entertains their flirts and rakes, Who dress as sleek as glossy snakes, And cram their mouths with sweetened cakes; And this goes down for union."
Such is, very briefly, my view of the religion of this land; and to avoid any misunderstanding, grow- ing out of the use of general terms, I mean by the religion of this land, that which is revealed in the words, deeds, and actions, of those bodies, north and south, calling themselves Christian churches, and yet in union with slaveholders.
Descending from these general principles, we find the proposition that in legal contemplation the Union is perpetual confirmed by the history of the Union itself.
That we may form a juster estimate with regard to this interesting subject, let us resort to the actual dimensions of the Union. The limits, as fixed by the treaty of peace, are: on the east the Atlantic, on the south the latitude of thirty-one degrees, on the west the Mississippi, and on the north an irregular line running in some instances beyond the forty-fifth degree, in others falling as low as the forty-second.
"Nothing but Union, Union, says one now that wants diversion; I am quite tired of it, and we hope, 'tis as good as over now.
IN THE course of the preceding papers, I have endeavored, my fellow citizens, to place before you, in a clear and convincing light, the importance of Union to your political safety and happiness.
From the first, the Western Union relied more upon its strength than upon the merits of its case.
Still continuing no less attached to union than enamored of liberty, they observed the danger which immediately threatened the former and more remotely the latter; and being pursuaded that ample security for both could only be found in a national government more wisely framed, they as with one voice, convened the late convention at Philadelphia, to take that important subject under consideration.
Legal browser ?
- unintermitted continuance
- uninterrupted connection
- uninterrupted existence
- uninterrupted in course
- uninvited attendance
- uninvited entry
- Unio prolium
- union of action
- union of factions
- Union Shop
- unique feature
- unissued stock
- unit of being
- unite by compact
- unite efforts
- unite efforts with
- unite for a common purpose
- unite in a federation
- unite in a league
- unite ones efforts
- unite with
- united action
- united body
- United Farm Workers of America
- united front
Full browser ?
- Uniono por la Linguo Internaciona Ido
- Unions and Nipples
- Unions Chrétiennes de Genève
- Unions des Syndicats de Pharmaciens d'Officine
- Unions for Jobs and the Environment
- Unions of Conjunctive Queries
- Unions Professionnelles des Médecins Libéraux
- Unions Régionales des Ingénieurs et Scientifiques
- Unions Trans Temporal Transit Authority
- Uniontown Branch Public Library
- Uniontown Industrial Equipment Co.
- Uniontown Public Library
- Unionville Chadds Ford Education Foundation
- Unionville Chadds Ford School District
- Unionville High School
- Unionville Milliken Soccer Club
- Unionville Minor Hockey Association
- Unionville Minor Softball Association
- Unionville Slow Pitch League
- Unionville United Pentecostal Church
- Unionville Village Improvement Association
- Unionville-Chadds Ford
- Unionville-Sebewaing Area
- Unios Hermanos Proletarios