unsafe storage of a firearm, death threat

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: Canada
State: Ontario

My father has been charged with Unsafe storage of a firearm and uttering a death threat. This is in Manitouwadge Ontario - Canada. All I have is a copy of a undertaking with the charges and a date to report to court. What does he have to do? And is he able to get his firearms back or have someone take possession for him? We are really unsure how to proceed. Does he need a lawyer?


Make sure you get counsel to try to keep this off the record eventually--jail time is probably not likely if his record is clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on the record could make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision etc.
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.