warrant for tickets

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: New Jersey

To whom it may concern: I have tickets from 2001 and need to take care of them. I need to have the warrants called back and get a new court date without being locked up. what do I do. I have been in rehabs and such. How do I handle this.


Make sure you get counsel (or at least the public defender) to help resolve this and to keep this off your record eventually--jail time is probably not likely if your record is very clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record will make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision etc.
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.