Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
A sailor who had approached to listen to the conversation vouchsafed the information that a moment before as he had been about to enter the "pub" he had seen two men leaving it who walked toward the wharf.
The fellow led her from the place, and together they walked quickly toward the wharf and along it until across the water they saw a small boat just pulling into the shadows of a nearby steamer.
He towed his ark around the Solano Wharf and into the big bight at Turner's Shipyard.
On the fourth day I was lying in the sun behind the stringer-piece of the wharf, when I saw a skiff leave the distant shore and pull out into the bight.
While they thus stood upon the wharf, the curiosity and inquisitiveness of the New England people would naturally lead them into the midst of the poor Acadians.
At a little distance from the throng might be seen the wealthy and pompous merchants whose warehouses stood on Long Wharf. It was difficult to touch these rich men's hearts; for they had all the comforts of the world at their command; and when they walked abroad their feelings were seldom moved, except by the roughness of the pavement irritating their gouty toes.
At last, having gone through these proceedings and many others which were equally a part of his system, Mr Quilp left them, reduced to a very obedient and humbled state, and betook himself to the river-side, where he took boat for the wharf on which he had bestowed his name.
Daniel Quilp, who was not much affected by a bright morning save in so far as it spared him the trouble of carrying an umbrella, caused himself to be put ashore hard by the wharf, and proceeded thither through a narrow lane which, partaking of the amphibious character of its frequenters, had as much water as mud in its composition, and a very liberal supply of both.
Screwed at its axis against the side, a swinging lamp slightly oscillates in Jonah's room; and the ship, heeling over towards the wharf with the weight of the last bales received, the lamp, flame and all, though in slight motion, still maintains a permanent obliquity with reference to the room; though, in truth, infallibly straight itself, it but made obvious the false, lying levels among which it hung.
"They have taken to a boat here." Several small punts and skiffs were lying about in the water and on the edge of the wharf. We took Toby round to each in turn, but, though he sniffed earnestly, he made no sign.
"He might have bought some at a wharf down the river."
Legal browser ?
- Welfare fraud
- Well knowing
- Wells-Barnett, Ida Bell
- Welsh Assembly
- Welsh mortgage
- Welsh v. United States
- Wesley, Carter Walker
- West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish
- West Legal Directory
- West Saxon Lage
- Westminster Hall
- Westminster, First Statute of
- Westminster, Second Statute of
- wet reckless
- What a man cannot transfer
- What does "counts" of murder mean?
- What does a petition for Order Striking Untimely Filed Claims mean?
- What is a codicil?
- What is the punishment for 11377 (A) and 496 PC?
- What is the punishment for communicating with prostitution?
- What is the statute of limitations for rape TX?
- What is ultra vires?
- What Shall Be Done with the Practice of the Courts?
- Wheaton v. Peters
- Wheaton, Henry
- When and where
- When does lease end/what are the obligations?
- When many join in one act
- When no time is limited
- When the common law and statute law concur
- When the foundation fails
- When the law gives anything
- When the law presumes the affirmative
- Where there is equal equity
Full browser ?
- Wharfage Rates
- Wharfage Rates
- Wharfedale Family History Group
- Wharfedale Rail Users' Group
- Wharfedale Technologies Inc.
- wharfing out
- Wharton Alliance for Social Responsibility
- Wharton and Northern Railroad
- Wharton Asian-American Association of MBAs
- Wharton Brook State Park
- Wharton Business Legal Association
- Wharton Business Plan Competition
- Wharton Center for Applied Research
- Wharton China Business Forum
- Wharton Club of New York
- Wharton Club of Northern California
- Wharton Computing and Information Technology
- Wharton County
- Wharton County Junior College
- Wharton County, Texas
- Wharton County, TX
- Wharton duct
- Wharton duct
- Wharton E-Business Initiative
- Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates
- Wharton Edith Newbold Jones
- Wharton Financial Institutions Center
- Wharton Global Consulting Practicum
- Wharton Global Family Alliance
- Wharton Health Care Business Conference
- Wharton Hedge Fund Network